Israel is a unique land. During the winter months, you literally can go from Elat on Israel’s southern border and swim in the Red Sea, and then drive 300 mile to the northern border and ski at Mt. Hermon (a 7,200 foot mountain that borders both Syria and Lebanon). While weather patterns during the months of May through October or so (sometimes later) are quite predictable (warm/hot & dry, with no chance of rain), these winter months (Nov/Dec- Feb/early March) are always interesting. So indeed it does snow in Israel. While the amounts are small, snow in the land of the Bible makes for some fun times.
Of course the Bible makes mention of snow a number of times. Perhaps the following verses are familiar:
- Come now, let us reason together, says the Lord: though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red like crimson, they shall become like wool. (Isaiah 1:18)
- When the Almighty scatters kings there, let snow fall on Zalmon. (Psalm 68:14)
- He gives snow like wool; he scatters hoarfrost like ashes. He hurls down his crystals of ice like crumbs; who can stand before his cold? (Psalm 147:16-17)
- She is not afraid of snow for her household, for all her household are clothed in scarlet. (Proverbs 31:21)
- His appearance was like lightning, and his clothing white as snow. (Matthew 28:3)
- The hairs of his head were white, like white wool, like snow. His eyes were like a flame of fire, (Revelation 1:14)
So the next time you see a news report about snowfall in Israel, don’t be taken by surprise or allow someone to attribute it to some kind of “climate change” (by the way, man-made “global warming” is a scientific hoax). Snow falls in Israel, and it has for a long, long time!
Here’s the article: SNOW IN ISRAEL
Here’s another article about the recent weather patterns: WEATHER PATTERNS