Biblical Israel Ministries & Tours Resources
PRIMARY ISRAEL RESOURCES:
The following are primary resources related to Biblical Israel Ministries & Tours. Each of these resources can be purchased through PayPal. Simply add the items you want to each cart. The totals will be compiled on the Paypal page. (*note: You do not need a PayPal account to order on-line. Just click the “check-out” button on the PayPal page that will appear. You can then simply and safely use your credit card.)
Devotional Treasures from the Holyland – $15.00 (plus shipping)
The book combines Scripture, Biblical Archaeology, and the Historical Geography of Israel. This “3rd Edition” version provides updated archaeological and geographical information of 5 extra sites, bringing the total to 73 sites in Israel. This makes the book a valuable resource for anyone who travels to Israel, or is interested in studying the Bible “in context.” Like no other book does, it also uniquely blends “information” about each site with a Scripturally-based devotional lesson and personal application.
Lois Tverberg (Co-author of “Sitting at the Feet of Rabbi Jesus” & “Walking in the Dust of Rabbi Jesus”) says, “Years of teaching in Israel have made John DeLancey’s ‘Devotional Treasures’ a useful guidebook. Site by site, travelers discover the rich history and culture of each place and meditate on the deeper meaning of their experience in the land.”
Sunday School classes and/or Bible study groups who would like to use the book as a study should call Pastor DeLancey for a group price.
Devotional Treasures book:
Topography Map of Israel – $10 plus shipping
This topographical map measures 14.5 x 6.25 inches.
The map covers the entire land of Israel, about 300 miles in length. It is a wonderful resource to have in understanding the “playing board” of the Bible! The map is both flexible and durable.
It will be shipped in a box protected by bubble wrap. Price is $10 (small map)
SECONDARY (& FREE) RESOURCES:
Israel / Teaching Videos
These are videos filmed in Israel placed on Youtube. Each video provides a unique perspective of the region and/or site.
- Go HERE to access the Youtube page of videos.
- You can also view these videos through our phone/tablet app (“Biblical Israel Ministries & Tours”)
Biblical Site Summaries:
This is a free download of the summary of more than 50 Biblical sites! Included in this summary of biblical sites is a listing of Biblical references, a brief archaeological and historical geographic background of each site, location markers,” highlights of what to see at each site, and a “take-away” or life-application you can glean from the site. You can also view (and download) this “site summary” through the phone/tablet app.
A new phone/iPad/Tablet App has been created. Simply go to the App Store and type in BIMT (this stands for Biblical Israel Ministries & Tours) or go HERE to access the web link that allows you to download the app. The app provides provides information about the ministry as well as compiles the resources (site summaries, videos, etc…) into one place accessible by your phone, iPad or Tablet. The app supports both IOS and Android platforms.
A new podcast teaching is available. The teachings offer insights into the world of archaeology, historical geography, and the “physical settings” context of God’s world. Go HERE to access the podcasts. You also can listen to the podcasts on the phone /tablet app.
1. REGIONS ON THE RUN (an historical-geography resource, by Jim Monson & Steve Lancaster)
2. JESUS, THE JEWISH THEOLOGIAN (Brad Young)
3. THE PARABLES (Brad Young)
4. MEET THE RABBIS (Brad Young)
5. MY PROFESSOR SAYS (Tom Tribelhorn)
6. OUR FATHER ABRAHAM (Marvin Wilson)
7. SITTING AT THE FEET OF RABBI JESUS (Lois Tverberg)
8. WALKING IN THE DUST OF RABBI JESUS (Lois Tverberg)
Israel-Related Papers: (PDF for download …written by Dr. DeLancey)
- Guide Booklet: (These can be printed off and bound, 128 pages)
- Part 1
- Part 2
- Part 3
- Hebraic Background
- Interactive Guide
- Biblical Zionism
- Israel & the Church (a Hebrews For Christians article)
- Terminologies of the World of Jesus (by Dr. Brad Young)
Panaramic Photos of Biblical Sites:
- Elah Valley (from Azekah)
- Lachish (gate, wall, and acropolis)
- Wadi Qelt (Judean Wildnerness)
- Beth Shean (overview from on top of the OT Tel)
- Beth Shean (theater)
- Sea of Galilee (from Mt. of Beatitudes)
- Jerusalem (from Mt. of Olives)
- Jerusalem (Eastern Gate & Mt. of Olives)
- Petra (Treasury, Siq)
- Petra (Monastery)
- Petra (Monastery from above)
- Petra (High Place)
- Petra (Overview of Seir Mountains)
MODELS / RESOURCES
- Old Testament Tabernacle Model
- New Testament Temple Model
ISRAEL-RELATED WEB SITES:
- Context of the Bible Web Sites:
- Biblical Backgrounds – This site is managed my Jim Monson (a former professor of mine) and Steve Lancaster, leading experts in teaching the physical settings of the Bible. Behind all the Bible – the events, people, and message – is the physical land of the Bible. The land provides the setting for the Bible. Downloadable study guide resources are available.
- Bible Places – This is the very best site for high resolution photos of Israel and other lands of the Bible. CD’s can be purchased, including impressive aerial photos. The site is provided by Dr. Todd Bolen.
- Biblical Archaeology Society – This is a great web site to be introduced to the world of archaeology. Beware though as some of the articles written don’t necessarily begin with a starting point of the historicity of the Bible. You have an option to subscribe to BAR (Bib Arch Review), both printed and digital format.
- Jerusalem Perspective. Established by Halvor Ronning (an old professor of mine), this site offers great resources about the cultural background of the Bible.
- Modern Israel web sites:
- Touch Point – Touchpoint Israel is your personal link to the Holy Land. No other place on earth has captured the world’s heart and imagination like the ancient land of the Bible. Here you can discover the history, beauty, and culture of Israel with just the click of a button! Touchpoint Israel is a free educational resource for those who wish to explore the vibrant, multidimensional country of Israel.
- Israel Video Network – This is a site that provides interesting video clips about Israel.
- Israel National News – This is a leading news outlet for Israel.
- Ha-Aretz – This is one of several Israeli newspapers, providing up-to-date news from Israel. Some articles are subscription-protected, but most are available for reading.
- Y Net News: Israel at your Fingertips – This is another news outlet from Israel.
“Preserving Bible Times” – PBT is a like-minded ministry also offering solid teaching about the context of the Bible.
- Making Disciples Jesus’ Way
- The Rest of the Story
- Encounters with Jesus
- Those Prodigal Sons
- Zechariah and Elizabeth
- That Good Samaritan
- Becoming a Judean Shepherd
- DVD Sets:
- “The Bible: Its Land & Culture” (Complete 5 DVD seminar series)
- “Bible Alive” (Complete 5 DVD series)
- Making Disciples Jesus’ Way (Complete 5 DVD series)
- DVD Visual Resources:
- Overview of the Gospels
- The Passion of Jesus
- Five Story Lines of Scripture
“Sha-allu shalom, Yerushalyim!”
“Pray for the peace of Jerusalem”