There are many Israel-related web sites that are great to visit. I decided to list a few of them in this blog. Some of these web sites are geared towards learning about the land of the Bible, focusing on the context of the Bible (e.g. archaeology, historical geography). Other sites I am sharing focus upon modern Israel (e.g. culture, current issues, even news). Still others are Christian ministries aimed to share the love of Yeshua to those in Israel. I hope you visit these sites, bookmark them, and use them to enhance your understanding of ancient and modern Israel.
(Simply click on the title of the web page. This should take you to that particular site)
Context of the Bible web sites:
- Biblical Backgrounds – This site is managed my Jim Monson (a former professor of mine) and Steve Lancaster, leading experts in teaching the physical settings of the Bible. Maps and study guide resources are available.
- Bible Places – This is the very best site for high resolution photos of Israel and other lands of the Bible. CD’s can be purchased, including impressive aerial photos. The site is provided by Dr. Todd Bolen.
- Biblical Archaeology Society – This is a great web site to be introduced to the world of archaeology. Beware though as some of the articles written don’t necessarily begin with a starting point of the historicity of the Bible. You have an option to subscribe to BAR (Bib Arch Review), both printed and digital format.
- Jerusalem Perspective. Established by Halvor Ronning, this site offers great resources about the cultural background of the Bible.
Modern Israel web sites:
- Touch Point – This site captures a little of everything, from things from the past to modern Israel.
- Israel Video Network – This is a site that provides interesting video clips about Israel.
- Israel National News – This is a leading news outlet for Israel.
- Ha-Aretz – This is one of several Israeli newspapers, providing up-to-date news from Israel. Some articles are subscription-protected, but most are available for reading.
- Y Net News: Israel at your Fingertips – This is another news outlet from Israel.
- The Israel Project – The Israel Project (TIP) is a non-partisan American educational organization dedicated to informing the media and public conversation about Israel and the Middle East.
- International Fellowship of Christians and Jews – This is a ministry started by Rabbi Yechiel Eckstein to promote understanding between Jews and Christians and build broad support for Israel and other shared concerns.
- Bridges for Peace – This is a Christian ministry based in Jerusalem. (The January, 2016 tour I just planned includes an option for a 5 day mission opportunity through Bridges).
- International Christian Embassy Jerusalem – This ministry aims to stand with Israel in support and friendship, and to equip and teach the worldwide Church regarding God’s purposes with Israel and the nations of the Middle East. They also exist to be an active voice of reconciliation between Jews, Christians and Arabs and to support the churches and congregations of the Holy Land.
- Chosen People Ministry – This is a Messianic ministry with headquarters in NY City.