About the Book (by author Dr. John DeLancey)
The book features 50 stories from the Bible (25 OT, 25 NT) set in the context in which the stories took place. The archaeological, historical, geographical, and cultural background of these stories is used to bring a deeper understanding of these biblical narratives. Additionally, this 475 page book is filled with a devotional component of learning life lessons for the purpose of encouraging your journey of faith! The book could be used as a personal devotional or as a group Bible study guide. It is also my hope that Connecting the Dots will be a “go-to” book not only for those preparing to travel to Israel, but also for those who are not able to make an Israel trip themselves. The book is meant to bring the land of Israel directly to the reader and to have these 50 stories burst forth with new life, perspective, and application!
Each chapter features the following sub-headings:
- Consider This – An introduction to the primary biblical story.
- Connecting with the Land – The geographical, archaeological, and cultural context of the biblical story.
- Connecting with the Story – The sharing of the biblical story. The text of the story is imbedded in each chapter.
- Connecting with God – An observation of the ways God is seen in each story.
- Connecting to our Faith Journey – An intentional way of how we can grow in our faith walk with God.
- Connecting in Prayer – A closing prayer of application and encouragement.
The book also features a sketch image at the beginning of each chapter so the reader can picture the location where the story took place!
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.